How the automotive industry is changing with self-driving, electric, shared, connected cars
The combined effect of autonomous driving, electric vehicles, and the sharing economy is on the verge of changing the auto industry―all within the next decade. And this tech/economics revolution will touch virtually every industry.
What exactly will change?
* Jobs: Demand for commercial vehicle drivers, car dealers, mechanics, doctors, and many other professions will shrink
* Laws: Manually driving cars will be forbidden―and car ownership will be almost nonexistent
* Housing: Prices will drop and cities and towns will be planned differently
* Healthcare: Infrastructure will shrink as traffic accidents dramatically decline
* Global trade: China will become the world’s biggest automotive exporter
This presentation reveals the disruptive technologies now taking shape and provides a timeline of when they will take hold. It examines the impact on the industry itself, as well as adjacent sectors, including jobs and professions, city and street design, hospitals, insurances, politics, security, hospitality industry, the oil industry, real estate, and society at large.
The Future of.... Global Leaders Series is hosted by Centre for Future Enterprise (CFE), a research centre at Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane Australia.
CFE leads global research to progress economic and social well-being now and into the future. Co-designing solutions with and for Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, governments and nonprofits; our research brings together world-leading academics with CEOs, business leaders and policy makers to help current and future leaders navigate a fast-emerging new world and build capabilities.